Create a New Website Template
1. For FrontPage 2000 users, go to File > New > Web. For FrontPage 2002 users, go to File > New > Web or File; then click on Web Site Templates in the right column.
2. This will bring up the available templates you can create.
3. From here, you can either double click on the selected template or click Ok.
4. After you complete step 3, a new web template will be created.
Change a Current Button Name
1. Go to Navigation View (View > Navigation).
2. Select the page you want to rename within the navigation structure.
3. Right click and select Rename.
4. Go to View > Page and your changes will be made.
1. Go to the page you want to change.
2. Go to File > Properties.
3. Under Title, delete what is currently there and add the title of your new page.
4. Click the Ok button.
Delete a Button
1. Go to Navigation View (View > Navigation)
2. Select the page you want to delete in the navigation area and hit delete on your keyboard.
3. In the new window that pops up select the radio button that says: "Remove this page from all navigation bars".
4. Click the Ok button.
Create and Add a New Page
1. Open an existing page that you would like to copy, such as contact_us.htm.
2. Go to File > Save As, and then a window will pop-up.
3. To the right of "Page tile:" click on the "Change" button and type in the Title of your new page.
4. Under "File name" insert the name of the new page you want to create. It is important that you don't have any blank spaces in the file name. For example, if you want to create a page called "our services" your need to type in "our_services" or "ourservices".
5. Click Ok.
Note: Once you have created a new page you will want to add it to your navigation. Follow the steps below.
6. Go to Navigation View (View > Navigation).
7. In the folder list, select or highlight the new page and drag it into the navigation area.
8. Make sure the page is in the navigation area where you want it to go.
Delete a Page
1. In your Folder List find the page you want to delete.
2. Right-click on the page and select delete.
Rename an Existing Page File
1. If your Folder List is not already open go to View > Folder List.
2. Find the page or file you want to change then left click on it and select Rename.
3. Rename the file to your choice. Make sure the file has the .htm on the end.
Using the Static Image
If you would like to use a static image instead of the Flash movie, then delete the Flash movie in the header.htm page. Then go to insert > image and find the main_images.jpg image under the images folder and insert the image.
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
This template uses cascading style sheets or CSS to make it easy for you to change the main font sizes and color. To change the font size in the footer (.footer), info box (.info_box_text), or the main body (body,p,td) modify the text.css file. The text.css file is found in the "css" folder.
For Example, if you wanted to change the font size of the text in the info boxes find the ".info_box_text" code in the css file and to the right change the "8pt" to the size you want.
*Do not delete the CSS file.
For more information about cascading style sheets visit http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/reference/stylesheet_guide/ or http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_intro.asp.
Header and Footer Page
This template uses a header and footer page. Use the header.htm page to add your logo, to replace the Flash movie with the static image, and to add your phone number. Use the footer.htm page to add your company information and to modify other links. The header and footer page is included in each page using the includes component in FrontPage. This allows you to modify one page to make changes to your entire site.
Adding Your Logo or Business Name
There are two options for adding your business name which are explained below.
1. If you already have a logo you want to use, delete the current logo in the header.htm page and insert your own. Your logo can be any size in height. The table will expand to the size of the logo.
2. If you don't have a logo and want to use the one that is provided you will need a graphics program, such as Photoshop, Fireworks, or Paintshop Pro. The PSD and PNG file is included as well as the font used. The editable file can be found under the images/logo folder. The font file can be found in the images/logo/font folder.
Location of the PSD and Font File
The PSD file is located under the images/logo folder. The font file is located under the images/logo/fonts folder.
Adding Your Phone Number
To add your phone number, go into the header.htm file and insert your phone number in-place of the current one.
Adding a Navigation Bar for Sub Pages
If you have sub pages you can create a navigation bar for them by going to Insert > Navigation Bar and choosing the correct level you want to display.
Location of the Editable Swish File
The editable Swish file can be found under the flash folder.
Location of the E-commerce Graphics
If you would like to use the e-commerce graphics they can be found in the folder called ecommerce_graphics.
For additional help email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 661-391-0853.